Please see the job specification below.
Contract: Permanent – Full Time
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm / Mon – Fri
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Leave: 20 days + public and statutory holidays
Benefits: Pension & health care
Location: Based at 4040 Media’s Southport office: PR9 7BL
We are recruiting for an animator to join our animation team. You will be responsible for animating videos we create for our clients. You will be provided with all assets ready to animate. We work with the Adobe Creative Cloud so it’s essential that you have experience with After Effects, Premiere Pro and Illustrator. We are keen to train our staff to help further their skill set and career. This role is ideally suited to someone with a strong knowledge of motion graphic design principles and design software with 2-5 years work experience in this type of role. Illustration skills are not required as we have an illustration department but skills in this area are a benefit.
- Creating videos from supplied and/or self created graphics, screencasts and/or screenshots.
- Thinking creatively to produce interesting ideas and concepts.
- Creating beautiful animations that flow well.
- Managing the pace of the videos so they are easy to follow.
- Working within a clients brand guidelines to create accurate videos that are fit for purpose.
- Manage customer and supplier relationships as required.
- Recording all project details in our CMS.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography, illustration, animation and video footage.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Working with copywriters, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Keeping up with industry trends and best practice.
- Various administrative tasks to help the smooth running of the office and projects.
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense.
- Strong computer skills.
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Cloud package particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Premiere Pro.
- A professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Ability to work to a brief agreed with the client or account manager.
- The ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions.
- The ability to pay attention to detail.
- The ability to balance work on several projects at a time.
- You will instinctively know when a design feels right and have a strong visual sense of what is looks right.
- Typically you’ll be opinionated about fonts and may have a collection of favourite fonts to use on your projects.